Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How would I go about transferring a mortgage from my ex-boyfriend's name into my name?

We bought a condo together last year. I have been putting money in for the mortgage, but now that we broke up, I would like to take over the mortgage and condo with help of my mom. Is this possible??How would I go about transferring a mortgage from my ex-boyfriend's name into my name?
First question: Is the deed in both names? If so, you will need him to be willing to sell you his interest in the property before you go another step.





Assuming you can get a clear title to the deed, contact the lender and see if they are willing to do a partial release of his interest in favor of a deed in your name; a title company can do it all in one step for you.





If not, see if they will re-fi in your name only.





If not, get a new mortgage and pay the old one off; getting the deed from the x when that happens.





BE CAREFUL; the x has a 1/2 interest, and paying it off or refiing it without addressing that can cause lots of issuesHow would I go about transferring a mortgage from my ex-boyfriend's name into my name?
Erin


the above answer is good . u need to get financing available for u only, so u can buy the condo. u can not get him off the mortgage any other way . u have to buy him out with New money.


don't put ur mom on the mortgage unless u want a repeat of the above problems.


if he does not want to get off , you must due a forced sale. get an attorney.

No comments:

Post a Comment