Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Is there car lease/financing help like mortgage companies are helping lower payments in hard times?

I lost my job, and my mortgage company is willing to refinance me and work it out so I don't miss a payment or lose my house. Is there help like that for my car lease? I have a lease for $370 on a minivan that is too expensive for me now, and I don't want to voluntary-repo it.Is there car lease/financing help like mortgage companies are helping lower payments in hard times?
There is gov't assistance for auto purchases:


http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/20鈥?/a>Is there car lease/financing help like mortgage companies are helping lower payments in hard times?
pete is right, they are in the loan business so if they are not too far in the red and you have a good record with them, they are much better off working with you than letting it repo and auctioning it off. another thought is why not ask what the penalty would be for an early lease termination at the dealer you leased it from. Or why not advertise it for sale to take over the lease but this deal HAS TO GO THROUGH the lease company so you dont end up giving your car to someone then getting stuck paying for it too, there are a lot of weasels out there that would not hesitate to basically steal your car and let you pay for it
Yes, some loan/lease companies are willing to work with customers on helping with payments. But some are not. The only way to know is to call your finance company and explain your situation. Explain that if they don't help you, your only alternative is to let the car go back to them. They don't want that to happen any more than you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment