Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What is the best way to clean up your credit report. I have a mortgage, my car is almost paid for, ...?

one credit card, a student loan, and a dew minor debts. I am divorced, and my crdit took a major hit. What is the highest score you can receive?What is the best way to clean up your credit report. I have a mortgage, my car is almost paid for, ...?
You have some awful answers here.





Credit scores are based on the following factors only;





1. Payment history 35%


2. Time in bureau 15%


3. Types of credit 10%


4. New credit 10%


5. Debt to credit ratio 30%





Since you have a mortgage a credit card and a car loan now as long as you pay everything on time every month your score should be fine.





FICO scores run from 300 to 850 anything that calculates to below 300 defaults to a 0.





To have the very best score and profile people need 3 credit card accounts (revolving) with balances below 30% of their limits and 2 cars, boats, homes, computers, furniture or personal accounts (installment) all with good long payment history's.What is the best way to clean up your credit report. I have a mortgage, my car is almost paid for, ...?
Do you have one question or many?





Secret to a great credit rating: Borrow only when you MUST and pay it all ON TIME. Don't apply for credit all the time, just use what you have and keep the balances low.
just a divorce by itself shouldn't affect your credit - there must have been other factors
I'm not sure what the highest credit score is, but I saw a tv program on this, and one of the ways to improve your credit score is to have utilities in your name and always try to pay on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment