Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Mortgage company added 3rd party services without my consent, what recourse can I take?

I took a close look at my mortgage statement and found $20 in some type of shopping an travel discount membership added on. I called the company they canceled the membership, but they said they couldn't refund it because it wasn't done on a credit card and I would have to get it through the Mortgage company. The mortgage company says I have to get it though the other company, though they said they would investigate it and get back to me, and they haven't.My Mortgage company added 3rd party services without my consent, what recourse can I take?
You should not have to do the legwork to recover funds for something you did not approve. Complain to your state attorney general and provide details.

No comments:

Post a Comment